Re: Debconf vs. graphical installer

Sebastian Ley wrote:
>>>I like sebastians proposal of having frontends in librarys for every
>>configuration udeb.
>
> The more I think of it, the more I start to dislike it ;-) Imagine how
> much work it really is to do such a thing. There must be
> #udebs x #frontends of custom widgets. If a change in the module
> involves a change in the UI, all frontend widgets must be changed. I
> don't know if that is feasable...

If this is the problem, maybe keeping non-graphical installs as is and having a
parallel system for the graphical installer is an option. That would still mean
a lot of duplicated effort, but I guess if the alternatives boil down to an
overdesigned "this handles every case" it's still worth a thought. (Maybe only a
short one, though...)

Cheers

T.