Re: d-i and iBooks

* Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> [2003-08-01 08:40]:
| Ok, and you are using the generated udeb, right ? The udeb which right
| now seems to contain only the vmlinux used for new pmacs and yaboot,
| but not either the vmlinux.coff used on oldworld pmacs nor the vmlinuz
| used on chrp, or whatever they use for other powerpc subarches.

yes, thats correct. It only contains one vmlinux image. The image is now
working on my ibook. But I'm not sure, if it will also work on other
subarchs (prep, chrp, ...)

| What would be the correct way of handling this ? Use a udeb with all the
| sort of kernels in it, a udeb per kernel type or maybe a kind of generic
| udeb, which contains the kernel in a generic form, and the necessary
| logic to generate either of the kernels on unpacking.

I guess thats the best solution to put all needed images in one udeb.
The makefile can copy all images into different directories on the
cdrom-image.

Bye
Thorsten

--