creating own debian distro

I want to make a customized debian distribution targeted to security. I
know Adamantix exist, but I want to make it a little easier.
My idea is that one be able to just insert the boot disk and the system
installs a minimum of packets, close ports, ask for NAT and transparent
proxy, install and configure snort-mysql, web reports, webmin, etc.

Where can I find documentation to make such a project? I'm beggining to
develop under Debian, until now I have only customized some .deb's and
made a net-install disk with 2.4.21, but haven't found info to make
something like Bonzai but with another focus.

Also I don't know whether this list or debian-devel be the correct place
to this question.

Hope you can orient me.

Thanks,

Omar