Re: xf86config

Firstly,

you need to be root to be able to run xf86config and write the XF86Config-4
file. Secondly, you might want to run dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 as
debconf can take care of some X configuration options.

Debian 3.0 can use either XFree86 version 4 or version 3 which makes it a
bit confusing since there can be both XF86Config and XF86Config-4 present at
the same time as well as x configuration tools from version 3 and 4. But if
xf86config makes you correct XF86 version 4 config file then you can just
rename it to be XF86Config-4.

Hope this helps.

Welcome to use Debian GNU/Linux.

Yours,