Re: powerbook 17" install

Brendan J Simon wrote:
I think I need the extra udebs that are on your website but I don't know where to put them. Can you please let me know where to put them on my filesystem. I currently have the vmlinux and net-initrd.gz files in the root directory of my macosx partition. Is this where the extra udebs should go ???
If you install with the net-initrd.gz as initial ramdisk you don't need these udebs. They are already included on the ramdisk. You only need them, if you make a new installer ramdisk.

BTW: udebs are new to me. I assume they mean micro-debs. Is this correct? Is this a new format just for the installer or for other things too?
They are special micro udebs only used on installer ramdisks. Basically the are normal deb's, but they do not completly comply to the debian policy in the sense that they only contain the files absolutly needed for the installer and no manpages, docus and so on.

gaudenz