Re: 2003-06-02 Install failure report

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 09:04:10AM -0400, Joe Nahmias wrote:

> Martin Sjögren wrote:
> > tis 2003-06-03 klockan 06.44 skrev Joe Nahmias:
> > > 3) Finally, we have (yet another) segfault during base-installer.  This
> > > one also occurs during the debootstrap run.  It is caused by the get()
> > > function, called by download_release(), not being passed the correct
> > > args.
> <snip>
> >
> > Actually, using
> > http://people.debian.org/~tfheen/d-i/images/2003-06-02/archive/netboot-initrd.gz I cannot reproduce this. base-installer and debootstrap run just fine...
>
> Hmm, I am able to reproduce this (just tried now) -- exactly the
> same problem.  The md5sum for the netboot-initrd.gz i'm using is:
> 3c2cdebc05b03ecfe45bac93f71e81a6, which should match yours.
>
> Very peculiar...Can anyone else confirm/deny?  In any case, looks like
> we just got a new version of busybox-cvs.  I will try to test tonight's
> image and report back.

This sounds like an intermittent problem with debootstrap that kept
popping up on boot-floppies. It must be some hardware uniqueness or
some timing problem, and I'm sure glad you're on the case and can
repeat it ... we always had it happen to users who weren't up to
running the bug down.

--
Debian GNU/Linux Operating System
By the People, For the People