Re: looking for a co-maintainer for base-config

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Joey Hess]
> > I'm looking for someone who can co-maintain base-config. I am often
> > in a position where I cannot do any test installs, which makes it
> > hard for me to be the sole maintainer of this package.
>
> It seems that no one volunteered.  Do you still need help?  I might be
> able to assist and test at least some of it using VMWare.

Yes I still need a co-maintainer. I think the main thing that is needed
is someone to look at the interface critically and catch all the little
bugs. For example there are probably a few things that spew text onto
the screen between dialog windows and that needs to be cleaned up. And
I've been missing other fairly significant problems (like #184021). And
the whole X autodetection thing needs to be checked. And we need to get
it better integrated with d-i and make sure i18n works. Aside from that
I hope a co-maintainer will be able to take care of the package if I'm
away.

--
see shy jo