Re: Trivial patch + questions

[Peter Hawkins]
> I traced the problem down to the fact that ethdetect calls
> hw-detect, but hw-detect doesn't actually try to detect ethernet
> cards. It calls discover with the device options 'scsi cdrom', but
> no 'ethernet', so it doesn't try to detect ethernet cards. Patch for
> hw-detect is attached.

Right.  I'll fix that right away.  Thanks. :)

> a) Bug #189054 has regressed.

Nope, this is a different bug.  The bug you are describing is due to
disocover-data-udeb containing kernel module names for version 2.2 of
the kernel, while we use kernel version 2.4.  The bug reported in
#189054 was the wrong choice in a select question in ethdetect.
ethdetect is fixed, and discover-data will hopefully be fixed when
progeny find time to make discover2 udebs available.

Please close bug #189054.  It is solved.

If you want to comment on the content of discover-data-udeb, please
add information to bug #175245.