Re: re: the base system installation /adduser_3.47_all.deb

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 02:39:52PM +0200, Daniel Germer wrote:
> HI, I just tried to get this adduser package again, because I had an error installing it from the CD, when I came across the message from sat 1 Mar 2003, where someone else might have encounteredthe same problem ...
> I have had the message:
> file instmnt/pool/main/a/adduser_3.47_all.deb
> was corrupt,
> and then: couldn´t download adduser
>
> however, this did not seem to be a problem , when I had installed the base system from the same cd before (wrongly)
>
> I am going to try and download a copy of the file to a floppy and install it from there...
> more later

This seems to happen sometimes, I don't really know why, but
it got fixed for several people when they just kept restarting
the installer and re-trying.

One possibility: did you re-initialize the partitions? The
installer may get confused if it's trying to install over
existing files.

--
Debian GNU/Linux Operating System
By the People, For the People