Re: patch for building powerpc bootable cd

Am Sam, 2003-05-03 um 02.21 schrieb Geert Stappers:

> Please do make an "intrusive" patch.
> It is good to see patches with '$ARCH'
I will try to make a new patch.

> The current Makefile has a line with an "fix me request"
> (# Create a bootable floppy image. i386 specific. FIXME)
> So please don't add an other hardware dependici in the Makefile.
>
> See http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2003/debian-boot-200304/msg00416.html
> where I use '../scripts/mk-tftpboot-img' to do the architecture specific
> stuff.
I did it with a new target in the Makefile, because cd_image_powerpc
does not depend on floppy_image, but for i386 (other archs I do not know
about), floppy images are used for cd booting. On powerpc these are not
required for booting from cd.
So how can I make one single target in the makefile wich depends on
different other targets for different $ARCH's.

> Under which name should that new-file go? (Which is "hfs.map" ?)
I tried to attach these files, but they were autoconverted to inline
text by the mailinglist manager. So I resend them below.

> looks like stuff for tools/yaboot-installer directory.
No this yboot config is specific to cd booting (the bootloader on the cd
is yaboot too). It is of no use for general yaboot configuration.

additional files:

build/hfs.map:
======================
# ext.  xlate  creator  type    comment
.hqx    Ascii  'BnHx'   'TEXT'  "BinHex file"
.mov    Raw    'TVOD'   'MooV'  "QuickTime Movie"
.deb    Raw    'Debn'   'bina'  "Debian package"
.bin    Raw    'ddsk'   'DDim'  "Floppy or ramdisk image"
.img    Raw    'ddsk'   'DDim'  "Floppy or ramdisk image"
.b      Raw    'UNIX'   'tbxi'  "bootstrap"
yaboot  Raw    'UNIX'   'boot'  "bootstrap"
vmlinux Raw    'UNIX'   'boot'  "bootstrap"
.conf   Raw    'UNIX'   'conf'  "bootstrap"
*       Ascii  '????'   '????'  "Text file"
======================

build/ofboot.b:
======================
<CHRP-BOOT>
<COMPATIBLE>
MacRISC
</COMPATIBLE>
<DESCRIPTION>
Debian GNU/Linux PowerPC first stage CDROM bootloader
</DESCRIPTION>
<BOOT-SCRIPT>
" screen" output
load-base release-load-area
boot cd:,\boot\yaboot
</BOOT-SCRIPT>
</CHRP-BOOT>
======================

build/boot.msg:
======================
Welcome to Debian GNU/Linux PowerPC (CODENAME)

Additionally ot the default 'install' option,
there is 'install-safe' which you should try if
the system fails to boot at all (the typical
symptom is a white screen which doesn't go away).

************************************
If in doubt, just choose 'install', and if that doesn't work, try
'install-safe'.
************************************
=======================

build/yaboot.conf:
=======================
## This yaboot.conf is for CD booting only, do not use as reference.
## Debian GNU/Linux PowerPC (woody)

# It is important not to have a comma after cd:
device=cd:
default=install
timeout=100

# FIXME: will this be the correct path?
message=/boot/boot.msg

image=/boot/cdrom-linux
	label=install
	initrd=cdrom-initrd.gz
	initrd-size=8192
	read-only

# some machines have wonky framebuffer support
image=/boot/cdrom-linux
	label=install-safe
	initrd=cdrom-initrd.gz
	initrd-size=8192