Re: Document the hooks in d-i?

* Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> [2003-05-01 17:19]:
> I believe we should make a document listing all the available hooks in
> debian-installer, and their usage.
yes

> Are there more hooks?
of course :)

   /var/lib/partconf/fstab.d/*

      partconf and mkfstab read all files in this directory and append
	  the lines (with or without modification) to the generated
	  /target/etc/fstab

   /usr/share/partitioner/${ARCH}.sh
   /usr/share/partitioner/common.sh

       partitioner first try to call the shell script for the current
	   architecture, and if this script doesn't exist it runs common.sh
	   with the selection harddisk as argument. The script can the do
	   whatever is needed to partition a harddisk on this arch (eg
	   running fdisk (text) or cfdisk (slang))

I plan to include the following:

   /var/lib/partconf/block.d/*

       partconf execute for each partition every script in this
	   directory, so some udebs can place scripts here, and then block
	   the output of some partitions; very useful for raid/lvm support

Bye
Thorsten

--
Thorsten Sauter