Re: lilo with debconf

Hi again.

I have figured out that LILO used debconf a few years ago to create
/etc/lilo.conf with disasterous results. At this moment, LILO configuration
is made by running /usr/sbin/liloconfig in postinst script but, as this
script is made in perl, you cannot upgrade LILO non-interactively.
If, for instance, a user has a cron with the following:

apt-get update
apt-get -y dist-upgrade

The user must answer the liloconfig questions in order to make his upgrade
done.

I was thinking (and that's why I wrote this email) in a solution that
may fix this problem. What if debconf tells the user to run liloconfig
manually and AFTER the installation and not by postinst script? Would this
be the best solution?

As always, any input is appreciated.