Re: Request for comments: build-installer

Anthony Towns wrote:
> Which would suck. If you need root, you have to do it, though.
Actually, I build d-i without root, with local syslinux 2.02 packages.
So I don't think you would need root, once the syslinux maintainer decides that
not requiring root for d-i is a worthy enough goal to address wishlist bugs.
(And it's only been discussed for two months now, with a patch for the first and
an example of a new upstream version's package for a month.

Of course, I've only pointed this out three times without any response but the
first time... But I'm not going to complain again.

Cheers

T.