Re: Uploading a new version of bogl?

On Sun, Mar 23, 2003 at 06:11:16PM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> Hi
>
> You are listed as the maintainer of bogl-bterm.  This is why you get
> this email.  You probably do not know this, but bugs #182176 and
> #185046 are very important for us working with the new debian
> installer to continue our work on adding i18n support into
> debian-installer.  The first one enables bterm to work within d-i, and
> the second make it available for inclusion on the d-i boot floppies.
>
> Is there any chance you can give these bug reports higher priority,
> and upload a new version of bogl into Sid soon?
>
> If you can't, is it ok for us at debian-boot to NMU the package?

I'm working on them today anyway.

Is anyone from debian-boot interested in adopting bogl, by the way?  I
adopted it in order to start the bogl-based d-i frontend a long time
ago; I don't know if anyone ever picked up that code to do anything
with it or not.  And I haven't had time to work on it in a very long
time.  Bogl needs at the least to have some attention given to
scrolling performance (which _sucks_).

My other question is if bterm is still necessary.  As I recall it was
used in order to support UTF-8, right?  But Linux kernels as of 2.4.x
have native UTF-8 support on the console; is it inadequate?

--
Daniel Jacobowitz