Can I ask my network install problem here?

I'm having a heck of a time trying to install Debian, as the 2.4 boot floppies I have seem to refuse to recognize both my onboard Intel ethernet adapter and my D-Link DFE-530TX+ card. I've gotten much help on Debian-Users, but so far been unsuccessful. Would this list also be a good place to ask my problem in detail and the things I've tried so far? I wasn't 100% sure, and didn't want to post off-topic if this was reserved for other purposes.

John Kenneth Fisher
johnkfisher@mac.com