Re: Building d-i

On 17 Mar 2003, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:

> obviously not, since you should ordinarily not build
> libdebian-installer yourself, you should just install it into your
> host system.  libdebian-installer is a normal debian package, which is
> built like all normal debian packages.
>
> Please, please read all the stuff doc/*, the various README files
> lying around and the Developer's Reference.

I had read the doc/* before I started. Obviously I had missed
build/README, but I have now read that, more than once, and the
information I need is not there.

I have already pointed out one error in the documentation, and here's
another:
[summer@gw summer]$ lynx -dump http://people.debian.org/~tfheen/debian-installer/

                                   Not Found

   The  requested  URL  /~tfheen/debian-installer/  was not found on
this
   server.

    Apache/1.3.26 Server at people.debian.org Port 80
[summer@gw summer]$

Please, take the time to check that the documentation you want me to
read is correct, and has pointers to necessary supplementary material
such as relevant sections of the Developer's Reference.

Also, check that you provide "complete source code" as described in the
GPL. I have the feeling that the files and /or scripts to make the
package is missing.

--

Cheers
John Summerfield

Please, no off-list mail at all at all. This address accepts mail only from Debian lists.