Re: Building d-i

On 17 Mar 2003, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:

> *
>
> | > For starters, it's woody. If there's no list, would someone mail a woody
> | > package list to $(echo debian@computerdatasafe.com.au | sed -e s=debian=summer=)
> | > for a system that does build d-i and I will tell you what I needed to
> | > add to my system.
>
> Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
>   anna: Depends: libdebian-installer3 (>= 0.10) but it is not installable
>   ethdetect: Depends: libdebian-installer3 (>= 0.10) but it is not installable
>              Depends: libdiscover1 but it is not installable
>   main-menu: Depends: libdebian-installer3 (>= 0.10) but it is not installable
>   netcfg-dhcp: Depends: libdebian-installer3 (>= 0.10) but it is not installable
>   netcfg-static: Depends: libdebian-installer3 (>= 0.10) but it is not installable
>   pump-udeb: Depends: libpopt0 (>= 1.6.4) but 1.6.2-7 is to be installed
> E: Sorry, broken packages
>
> Build and install those, or just install those available in Woody.
> libd-i is part of d-i cvs.

I am confused. install libdebian-installer3? I thought I was trying to
build it. Are you saying we have recursive dependencies?

The tarball I'm trying to build is the CVS source as of a few seconds
before the tarball's created.

There isn't one in Woody, though Sarge has one.

--

Cheers
John Summerfield

Please, no off-list mail at all at all. This address accepts mail only from Debian lists.