Re: d-i and DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive

On 14 Mar 2003, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:

> *
>
> | I found Joey's daily d-i builds;-)
>
> You want mine, rather than his.  His are ancient.

I thought I'd enhance my bug reporting by sending them off to
submit@bugs, but I can't find a version number.

I think you will find it easier to track some bugs down if you know what
software version people are using, and I think the best way for that to
be disseminated is to increment it every time someone does a CVS commit.

Of course, that's not useful if we testers can't easily find it. Why not
mention that this is "D-I version XXX" in the initial message?

In the case of your daily builds, something suffixed by -yyyymmdd (hours
and minutes too if you want) would do nicely.

So, debian-installer_0.3.1-1925.20030315 (3.1 is for sid, you mightn't
want it). The 1925 is for the number of commits.

--

Cheers
John Summerfield

Please, no off-list mail at all at all. This address accepts mail only from Debian lists.