Re: Boot-floppies & IBM CHRP hardware

Hi,

> I have been browsing the following URL:
> http://people.debian.org/~schmitz/3.0.24-2003-01-07/chrp/
>
> Do you know who has been upgrading boot-floppies for powerpc, chrp in
> particular?

The boot-floppies build on that machine was done by me, in order to help
out the boot-floppies team while their powerpc bulder was unavailable.
I've not tested any of that, just built it.

> I do not think it would take much of an effort to get Debian
> w/boot-floppies working on most of the IBM CHRP based systems. I have
> already installed Woody on several systems. I had two minor problems. I had
> to compile the appropriate zImage.initrd images since they did not exist,
> and I had to break to the shell in boot-floppies a couple of times to work
> around problems. They may be even fixed by now.
>
> Who can I work with regarding these issues?

The Debian boot-floppies team, at debian-boot@lists.debian.org. Outline
the steps it took to get woody to install on your IBM chrp and they should
be able to work that into a new release.

CC: set to debian-boot; hoping they can help you there.

Thanks for testing the chrp set; and sorry that it didn't work out of the
box.

	Michael