Re: Review language list in d-i

tor 2003-03-13 klockan 10.58 skrev Colin Watson:
> > The locale is passed to base-config to enable translation there, and
> > not used in debian-installer.  I suspect debian-installer will be
> > using locale C@UTF-8 no matter the language.
>
> Does C@UTF-8 even exist? Last time I looked it doesn't; the definition
> of C in the standard is such that I feel it doesn't make very much
> sense, either. Better to just pick a UTF-8 locale appropriate to the
> user's language.

And create the locale on the fly after language selection? No, thanks.
b-f creates a C@utf-8 locale on the initrd and I think we should too. I
have already tried it, when experimenting with bogl-bterm and
translations in d-i. It works just fine. It's an installer, we're
allowed to take short cuts. ;)

/M
--
Martin Sjögren