Re: floppy installs of d-i

sön 2003-03-09 klockan 14.09 skrev Alastair McKinstry:
> Hi,
>
> As the floppy-retriever author, could you tell me where to find code
> to generate the floppies for a floppy install of d-i? Does it exist yet?

My vision of the floppy-retriever is much more humble than that. :) My
idea is that it should complement net and cdrom installs, to load extra
drivers as necessary.

So no, there's no way to create a full floppy install of d-i. Yet, I
guess, if you feel like working on it. ;) The only problem, I guess, is
that libc-udeb has to be loaded first, or actually that all udebs should
be loaded in dependency order, but that's not really tricky. The floppy
retriever should probably be extended to ask for several floppies before
returning control to anna, or floppy installs will be even more tedious!

/M
--
Martin Sjögren
  sjogren@debian.org -- marvin@dum.chalmers.se