Re: m68k, debian-installer, and DevFS

In article <[🔎] 87vfz3p22s.wl@vivare.dancer.pr.jp.doshisha.ac.jp>
dancer@netfort.gr.jp writes:
>For example, I have been away from using sparc, but my question would be
>"is there much sparc32 kernel hacking going on? Is 2.4.x usable on sparc32?"

sparc32 isn't a single kernel architecture.

>From what I've seen on the debian-sparc mailing list:

uniprocessor sun4m works on some patched 2.4 kernels
multi-processor sun4m works on fewer patched 2.4 kernels
sun4c lacks 2.4 kernel support, will be dropped
sun4d ? of less interest than sun4c ?
sun4 hasn't been supported recently

There are also instruction set differences that have some corrilation with
the architecture.

(Sparc64 are all sun4u)

Please ask on the debian-sparc mailing list if you want accurate
information.

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html