Re: rfc: A guide for packaging library udebs

* Martin Sjögren wrote:

> > an ABI change of the library will break all modules that depend on
> > that library and breaks net installs until the dependant modules
> > are rebuild.
>
> You mean API, right? ABI is even worse, isn't it?

How I understood this it is really the ABI. Changing compile
options, that alter the way the binary library presents itself to
other programs is the thing that happens.

> Other than that, it looks good to me. The stuff about binary
> incompatible libraries sounds complicated, but it IS complicated, so
> I guess we'll have to make do. :) I'd say commit it to d-i/doc/

I suppose I can't commit anonymously so I would be glad if someone
could do this for me. Although I'd like to wait until discussion about
it is over.

Thanks,
Sebastian

--
PGP-Key: http://www.mmweg.rwth-aachen.de/~sebastian.ley/public.key
Fingerprint: A46A 753F AEDC 2C01 BE6E  F6DB 97E0 3309 9FD6 E3E6