Re: Should all udeb binaries use UTF8 libraries?

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 02:53:03PM +0000, Philip Blundell wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 14:39, Jim Mintha wrote:
> > I would love to get rid of the two versions of the libraries.  The
> > last time I believe there were problems with some packages not working
> > well with the UTF8 version.  I have to look at it again to remember
> > exactly what.  This is the time to fix it.  My feeling is that with
> > some work and coordination this should be possible.  I will look over
> > the history tonight to remind myself of the issues.
>
> Jim, did you get a chance to look into this at all?

Sorry for the delay - work continues to be busy.  So I took this week
off, partly to give me time to properly look at the slang problems
(and partly to fix up some things around the house :)

I'm currently preparing the new version 1.4.8, and trying to figure
out where the documentation is for making a udeb.  Then I will try to
figure out if I can create a single UTF8 version of the package.  The
current problems from last time are:

- jed seemed to crash with the utf8 version
- mutt can't to line draw characters properly.

Then it is just a matter of figuring out the depends/provides/conflicts
lines. :)

Jim

--
Jim Mintha                                       Email: j.t.mintha@uva.nl
System Administrator                              Work: +31 20 525-4919