Re: [Devel] Re: Some design issues with autopartkit

[Tollef Fog Heen]
> | I could solve this by letting other udeb packages supply scripts which
> | will be executed by the autopartkit udeb, something like prebaseconfig
> | is doing at the moment.  But how do I make sure that the udeb with
> | this script is installed before autopartkit is installed?  I believe I
> | want some 'Install-before: autopartkit' in debian/control.  Is there
> | another way?
>
> Depends on a virtual package?

I do not think this will work.  I want every package with extensions
for autopartkit to be installed before autopartkit, not just one of
them.  Depending on a virtual package will only make sure one of the
packages implementing the virtual package is installed, not all of
them.

I guess I'll just ignore the problem, and accept that most of the time
the install ordering will be OK.  As long as the package is unpacked
(but unconfigured) the file in /usr/lib/autopartkit.d/ should be
available when needed.

>> Is it OK for me to create /usr/lib/autopartkit.d/ for script fragments
>> to run before autopartkit is executed?
>
> sure

Done.