Re: A boot floppy which boots a CD ROM?!

On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 08:29:41PM +0100, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> #include <hallo.h>
> Sebastian Schuon wrote on Fri Feb 14, 2003 um 11:22:49PM:
> > Hi all!
> > Does anyone happen to know if a boot floppy exists which only loads a driver
> > fpr the CD-Rom drive and launches the boot image found there?
> > My computer (P100) isn't capable to boot via CDrom and i'm to lazy to create
> > all these boot floppies.
> > Anyone got an idea?
>
> If your CD-ROM drive is supported by the kernel's drivers,
> you need only two, boot and root floppies.

( same information in other words:
  only two floppies,
  one boot floppy with the kernel and one root floppy with a init ram disk. )

Building a kernel with the proper CD-ROM driver
and putting it on the boot floppy is not a huge project.

I'm not sure about your changes on tweaking at boot floppy
that will use the CD-ROM for getting the init r.d.

Anybody willing the provide this list with hits for that?

Geert Stappers