Debian 3.0r1 installation problem (Alpha)

Hi!

I have an AlphaServer 1000A machine with Mylex DAC960 raid controller. When
booting with the install CD the adapter is found and working allright.
Nevertheless the install program can't find any harddisks to partition and
install the OS on. I found out that problem lies within device files. There
are no such things for the raid adapter (/dev/rd/c?d?p?). Is there a way to
create new install/boot CD with added device files?

Yours,
Sauli Raivio
smr@surfeu.fi

PS: Keep up the good work