Re: Rescuing an old RISC6000

In article <[🔎] 20030206171546.GA686@dada.it> you write:

>At office I'm trying to "rescue" an old IBM risc 6000 - 7012/320 workstation doomed to elimination.
>
>Is there anyone in this list able to tell me if I can install debian ppc on it and - booting from diskette - what architecture chrp, prep, what else?
>
>Thanks Vittorio

That's an old microchannel machine with the original power
architecture.  As far as I know, Linux was never ported to them and no
further work is contemplated.  AIX is the only OS you can run on it.
If you want a faster 7012/34H to replace it, and are willing to pick
it up in the Los Angeles area, let me know.
--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html