Re: Where to report bugs on debian-installer

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 01:15:25AM +0100, Tim Dijkstra wrote:
> I'm in the process of getting sarge on my new computer. I thought that
> would give me a nice chance to do some testing on the new
> debian-installer. I used the business-card iso btw. I do have a lot of
> comments an want to do some bug reporting, but I don't know which
> package to report on. So maybe somebody can help me with that...

If you aren't sure which package is responsible, assign it to the
install pseudo-package (it's the debian-installer catchall).

> Package that does the mounting.

di-utils-mount-partitions.

> Package that does partitioning.

di-utils-partitioner

> Package that lets you choose the mirror to download from

choose-mirror.

> Package that makes (ext3) file systems.

e2fsprogs-udeb (please see bug #177454 first, though).

> Package that lets you configure network

If you use DHCP, it's netcfg-dhcp, otherwise it's netcfg-static.

> Finally this: I can't get sarge installed. The process stops at
> 'installing the basesystem', this process stops with the following
> message:
>
> Postinst exited with status 256
> installer[46]: Setting main menu .... critical
>
> To be honest this is what the installer said the second time a tried to
> run it (in the same session). The first time 'installing the basesystem'
> got stuck somewhere in configuring things. (Some fragments of my
> memory here) It was complaining about GLIBC (with capitals) not
> being there. OK I'm sorry to be a little vague, I should have written it
> down....

Sorry, but you'll need to provide more information.  Please copy
the exact error messages next time.

Thanks for testing debian-installer.

Matt