Re: suite names

ons 2003-02-05 klockan 07.36 skrev Matt Kraai:
> Howdy,
>
> To fix bug 148606, I'd like to change choose-mirror and
> cdrom-detect to use stable, testing, and unstable instead of sarge
> and sid.
>
> I'll also need to change base-installer to retrieve the Release
> file and use it to determine the suite code name for debootstrap.
>
> Any objections?

My only comment is that until release it is handy to have 'testing' be
the default, but when the release has come, it must be 'stable'.

I don't see the problem with having the actual release names instead of
symbolic ones. When running stable on a computer equipped only with
modem, I prefer having the release name in sources.list instead of the
symbolic "stable", it'll give me less hassle when a new version is
released.

/Martin