Re: Evil idea concerning kernel modules, hardware detection and anna

* Martin Sjögren

| I have no idea if this can/will work out in practice. It's a hack, but
| I'm not sure if it's a big ugly hack or a nice, neat hack. ;)

[...]

| So, what did I miss? Will this work or not? If it works, is it feasible?
| The Provides line can be auto-generated and stuff so that shouldn't be a
| *big* problem.

This is quite evil, but also quite neat.. Something like what I
proposed on IRC the other day, I think.  I don't see any other, better
way to solve this problem.  We might end up with some weird corner
cases if we don't have a retriever yet and such, though.

| I guess figuring out which retriever to use will be tricky, but we'll
| still have the interactive mode for anna too.

true.

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-