JumpStart-Like Installer . . .

Pardon me if this is non-sequitir to your list, but about a year ago I (stole a
few bits from FAI and :-) wrote an automated Debian installer (in Perl) that
looks, from a user-standpoint, something like Solaris' JumpStart (a lot like
it, actually).  We've been using it here with few problems, though there are a
number of issues unresolved in getting it to work on sparc, alpha, etc. (mainly
related to the lack of a common command-line automated partitioning
script/program), and a number of features that could be added.  But it is
extensible and uses debootstrap, dpkg and apt-get to do its thing, and so,
anywhere they go, it (theoretically) can.  YMMV, but a friend suggested that I
post it here, so:

  http://www.cse.msu.edu/~lanejohn/papers/jump.tgz

It may take a little work to get it running; I have little time these days, but
I'd still be happy to answer questions.

Thanks,

jrl.

System Administrator
National Superconducting Cyclotron Laboratory
Michigan State University