Re: icp-vortex raid card not detected in 3.0 installer

#include <hallo.h>
* Kurt Yoder [Tue, Oct 22 2002, 03:08:21PM]:
> Hello list
>
> I am trying to install Debian 3.0 from the CD on a server with an ICP-Vortex
> RAID card. However, the card and host drive is not being detected during
> installation. Has anyone else had luck installing from the 3.0 CD using an
> ICP-Vortex card and what did you have to do to make it work?

Well, I remember people having luck with this. Which kernel did you use?
The default "safe" kernel is idepci (the one started by hitting Return).
Use another one.

> When installing from the Debian 2.2 CD, the ICP-Vortex card is detected and
> I can install on it.

The CD with "vanilla" flavor boots a similar kernel.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
<@Joey> Faellt einem bei diesem Fehler spontan die Ursache ein?