Re: d-i testing

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 07:33:23PM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 06:28:55PM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
>
> > OK, I'm a moron.  I missed the option to enter the mirror location manually,
> > so I wasn't getting the packages from people.d.o/~tfheen/.  Those work much
> > better.
>
> More specifically, everything that worked on the previous attempt still
> worked, and fdisk also ran, after I selected the option to detect disks (way
> down at #7?).  I didn't get any farther than that due to the lack of a spare
> partition on the machine, which I thought it had.  I'll try again on another
> system in the near future.

OK, I tried again, this time on a SCSI system.  I had to manually modprobe
my SCSI HBA driver (aic7xxx), as well as sd_mod, but I was then able to
fdisk and mount from the menu as expected.  I had to mkfs manually; I did
not see how it was supposed to happen from the menu.  I was able to start
downloading the base system.

The Packages file at
http://people.debian.org/~tfheen/d-i/dists/sarge/main/binary-i386/
is out of date now; I got a 404 on libdb1-compat, so I was not able to
complete the download or the installation.

--
 - mdz