the new Woody.

This is just a quick thank you note to you guys that do the programming.

I recently downloaded the single CD ISO for Woody that has the bf24 option for installing.  I am very impressed with how well using that option picked up the hardware that I was using.  I had tried Red Hat 6.2, Mandrake 8.2 and the Debian 2.2.x version that came on the CD and the bf24 option was the only one to properly pick up my ISA pnp nic and configure the network.  It also picked up the sound card and video with no troubles.

My only complaint is that it wants to use KDE as the GUI.  I much prefer ICEwm for my GUI interface, much faster with a much smaller footprint.

Thanks a lot you guys and gals, appreciate the excellent installer you have developed.

--
Later,

Lonnie
Debian GNU/Linux 3.0
Kernel 2.4.17
And still learning.

ps:  This box has been around a bit longer than the one mentioned above.