Re: woody install problems

Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 07:41:18PM -0500 wrote:
> I'm wondering why I've not received any responces. Am I on the right list?

it's the right list, I expect we just don't have any answers for you,
I'll give it a shot.

0. maybe a bad hard drive?  or at least buggy such that the linux
driver can't handle it but the Win2k driver has a work-around?

1. try different kernel flavors, there are 4 for i386 (vanilla,
compact, idepci and bf2.4)

2. examine boot messages looking for anything fishy.  From the
installation screen you should be able to create a file with a bunch
of log messages if you have a floppy drive, you could mail that file
ot this list.

3. if you have a floppy drive try booting off that with the cdrom
removed, in case the cdrom and harddrive are conflicting.

-David