Re: PCMCIA problem installing woody from floppys

--- David Kimdon <dwhedon@debian.org> wrote:
> Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 05:32:18PM -0700 wrote:
> > To whom it may concern,
> >
> > I can not get my network connection to work correctly.  I see in
> > /var/log/messages the following messages from cardmgr:
> >
> > executing: 'modprobe -r 3c589_cs'
> > executing: './network start eth0'
> > + cat: /var/lib/misc/pcmcia-scheme: No such file or directory
> >
> > I'm using the idepci flavor of stable woody installation diskette images.
> Is
> > the missing file my problem or this a red herring?
> I'm not sure, it may be a red herring.
>
> What is the actual problem?  What point do you get to in the
> installation?  If you do :
>
> # ifconfig -a
>
> Do you see an interface (eth0, probably)?

only lists lo, no eth0

> Are you doing DHCP or a static configuration?

static

First I configure PCMCIA then I configure the network.  When I complete network
configuration I'm told that the network is configured but not active.
Re-configuring either PCMCIA or network does not fix this.

> -David

=====
Clinton S. Olson - Owner, Steven's Pass Carving Elvises
   http://home.bak.rr.com/fl/fl.htm

"The two most important things in life are good friends and a strong bullpen"

  -- Bob Lemon, former manager Royals/White Sox/Yankees