PCMCIA problem installing woody from floppys

To whom it may concern,

I can not get my network connection to work correctly.  I see in
/var/log/messages the following messages from cardmgr:

executing: 'modprobe -r 3c589_cs'
executing: './network start eth0'
+ cat: /var/lib/misc/pcmcia-scheme: No such file or directory

I'm using the idepci flavor of stable woody installation diskette images. Is
the missing file my problem or this a red herring?  I'd be surprised if I was
the first to encounter/report this problem, but I haven't found any info in
debian-laptop on this yet.

=====
Clinton S. Olson - Owner, Steven's Pass Carving Elvises
   http://home.bak.rr.com/fl/fl.htm

"The two most important things in life are good friends and a strong bullpen"

  -- Bob Lemon, former manager Royals/White Sox/Yankees