Installing Debian from floppies...

Hi everyone,

I'm new into the linux universe. Now I'm running RedHat 7.1 at my laptop, but
I want to test debian on my old desktop (P-90MHz/1GB/48MB).

I've done this:
 - download the rescue.bin file
(http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-i386/current/images-1.44/rescue.bin)
 - formatting a floppy
 - mounting it to see that it works and unmounting it again - no problems.
 - use the "dd"-command-whatever (dd if=file of=/dev/fd0 bs=1024 conv=sync ;
sync)(file is replaced by rescue.bin)
 - mounting and making a ll at /mnt/floppy to see the floppy + unmounting
again.

Now I can boot up on this floppy. The problem appears while doing exactly the
same thing as the above, but with root.bin.

When I've used the "dd"-command-thing everything seems ok, but when I try to
mount the floppy following happens:
[root@localhost /root]# mount /mnt/floppy/
mount: you must specify the filesystem type
[root@localhost /root]#

Do anyone have an idea of what's wrong?

Thanks!

--