[johnlowell@ameritech.net: Debian 3.0]

----- Forwarded message from John Lowell <johnlowell@ameritech.net> -----

>From johnlowell@ameritech.net  Mon Aug 12 16:04:49 2002
Delivery-date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 16:04:47 +0200
From: "John Lowell" <johnlowell@ameritech.net>
To: <owner@bugs.debian.org>
Subject: Debian 3.0
I just downloaded the 7 or 8 ISOs from an site in Great Britain and made an attempt to install. You should know, purely from a mechanical view, that after installing the packages from the first CD the machine simply went to a black screen and stayed there. I had no idea of what might be going on. When hitting Enter after waiting for a message of some kind to appear, the machine finally asked for the second CD, but you'd never have known where you were in the process until you hit Enter. That surely cannot be what you intend.

That notwithstanding, I could not get X-Window to install, a rather important matter. You have a very attractive work product in Debian 3.0. Its a shame I can't use it; I'd like to.

John Lowell
----- End forwarded message -----

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.