Re: Woody directly to ATA/100 drives?

Thankyou for your advice. That at least tells me I need to get the entire
set rather than just two CD's as I originally thought. I have `R'TFM and
found it difficult to distill that information as it was diffused over
several chapters. Having wasted time I could ill afford with 2.2r2 on this
problem I wanted to be absolutely sure before I embarked again.

It was a simple question I know but a simple answer would suffice. At
least this will now appear in the archives so someone else can find the
answer. At this stage of the release process I would have though this
kind of thing is desirable, but it appears I am mistaken.

Why abuse is necessary is completely beyond me, but I guess I shouldn't be
surprised. My apologies for an extra and what should have been an
unnecessary email.

Jamie

On Sun, 4 Aug 2002, Eduard Bloch wrote:

> #include <hallo.h>
> Jamie Wood wrote on Sun Aug 04, 2002 um 11:27:48AM:
>
> > Basically will the debian installation for woody pick up this drive (hde)
> > automatically and allow me to install to it without any cable switching
> > etc.?
>
> Why do not you just RTFM and use the bf2.4 disks?
>
> > Dr. A.J.Wood
> > Department of Theoretical Physics
>
> I wonder about mentality of some academics...
>
> Gruss/Regards,
> Eduard.
> --
> Wer Freiheit aufgibt, um Sicherheit zu bekommen, verdient keins der
> beiden und bekommt meist auch keins.
>                                          -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Dr. A.J.Wood
Department of Theoretical Physics