Re: System Halded

> The problem I have is that booting with loadlin from a small  Dos partition
> the system hangs
>
> message:                   Uncompressing Linux............
>                                 Invalid compressed format  ERR=1
>                                 -- SYSTEM HALTED
>
> Also with a initrd.img without any results
>
> message:                    Uncompressing Linux
>                                   Ran out of input data
>                                  --SYSTEM HALTED
>
> Use Loadlin for many years with small and big kernels without any problem.
>
> Maybe it's a problem with the new EXT3 file system ???

* You have copied the initrd.img to the DOS partition, haven't you?
* Make sure you don't load any DOS drivers before invoking loadlin.
  Using a menu and a shell= line in config.sys is a good way to achieve that.
* Try installing and using kernel-image-2.4.18-yourcpu, not the one used by the
  boot floppies.