Re: Powermac 8500 root.bin probs

On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 11:08:53PM -0400, Eric Sheesley wrote:
> Afraid that had the exact same problem.  I keep getting the errors like:
> swim3: expected 7 got 9
>
> and then i start getting swim3 interrupt errors.
>
> Other ideas?

How did you make your floppy? Maybe try a different method, or at
least try again a couple more times with different floppies. I have
seen this also. I think the floppy hardware/driver combination is
pretty marginal on these machines, but if you get a good floppy it
should be OK.

Another option, if you have MacOS on the machine, is to use BootX.