Re: Boot Error

Hi,

What version of boot-floppies?  What arch?  What kernel flavor?  We
need the exact version for the panic to be meaningful.

Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 09:59:37AM +0200 wrote:
> Hi,
> Im getting this error ever time I boot
>
> Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 0000030 current -> tss.cr3 = 0010000, %cr3 = 00101000
> *pde = 00000000
> Oops:0002
> CPU : 0
> EIP: 0010:[<c02fd3c2>]
> EFLAGS: 00010292

If you can easily get this on a serial line then you can easily get
the whole panic, including any previous boot messages.

Is this bad RAM?  Do you have any hardware (ISA/PCI boards) that you
can remove, perhaps a bad driver or bad hardware iscausing this.

-David