make TYPE=cdrom

I'd like to get going on debian-installer
work, so I started with building my "target" favor, which
will be cdrom, as brltty alone has around 250k, and I dont
really believe this will fit on a rootdisk.

OK, now there I am, trying to do fakeroot make TYPE=cdrom,
which fails because cdrom-detect isnt available.

Of to tools/cdrom-detect and building it, but, no!

lexx:~/*installer/tools/cdrom-detect% fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage
dpkg-buildpackage: source package is cdrom-detect
dpkg-buildpackage: source version is 0.01
dpkg-buildpackage: source maintainer is Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>
dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture is i386
dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies: cdebconf-dev
dpkg-buildpackage: Build dependencies/conflicts unsatisfied; aborting.
dpkg-buildpackage: (Use -d flag to override.)
zsh: exit 3     fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage

But,

lexx:~/*installer/tools/cdrom-detect% su -c 'apt-get install cdebconf-dev'
Password:
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  cdebconf-dev: Depends: cdebconf (= 0.10.7.3) but it is not going to be installed
E: Sorry, broken packages
zsh: exit 100   su -c 'apt-get install cdebconf-dev'

If I try to install cdebconf also, I apt claims
that 301MB of package will be removed :/.

Can anyone give me advise on how to process?

--
CYa,
  Mario