Sucessfull Woody Installation Report

Hi,

I´m sending this messages just to let you know that I have just upgraded
a running Debian GNU/Linux 2.2r6 system to Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 Woody
without any problem. The dist-upgrade was perfect.

The machine was an ancient Pentium 166 being used as proxy server (using
Squid), mail server (both SMTP and POP, using Postfix and GNUPop3d) and
internal DNS (bind) to a litle network with 30 users.

I did everything remotely via ssh from some kilometers of distance
without any problem. After pointing to Woody sources in sources.list I
updated apt, dpkg and perl packages first and then did an apt-get
dist-upgrade after doing a dselect update.

Detail : everything was done while users were using the server for web
and mail access (e.g. zero dowtime).

Thank you all for such a great piece of software :-)

--
||  Andre Luis Lopes                   andrelop@ig.com.br               ||