PDC20268 support in boot disks

I have been downloading iso images with the hope of doing a net install of debian unstable (hopefully) bypassing stable and testing to save on downloaded megabytes. However all the isos seem to use the same boot kernels and none of them seem to have the driver for the Promise 100Tx PCI IDE controller (PDC20268 chipset) in them. My hard drive is to big for the motherboards bios so I have it attached to this card. I have no floppy drives.

Is there anyway around this problem? Is the driver not included to save space?

I have redhat on there at the moment (the boot cd found the controller) but I miss apt-get :-(

Ben Marsh