Re: Severe limitation with flavor "bf2.4" !

On May 17, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> #include <hallo.h>
> Raphael Hertzog wrote on Fri May 17, 2002 um 09:46:35AM:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was discussing with someone who wanted to install Debian with the
> > netinst CD prepared by Chris Lawrence. Like most of the people who are
> > given the choice, he decided to use the "bf2.4" flavor ...
> >
> > Unfortunately this flavor doesn't have the ne2k-pci module ! Such network
>
> Oh Raphael, I expected you to look first before believing everything...
>
> $ grep NE2K /boot/config-2.4.18-bf2.4
> CONFIG_NE2K_PCI=y

Incidentally, I thought I had the same problem installing on my Compaq
Presario 700US laptop (it uses 8139too), since I looked for the module
but it wasn't there.  But it, too, was built into the kernel.  A bit
confusing at first, to say the least...

Some sort of report of what the installer found and what it couldn't
deal with would be nice in d-i (obviously too late for woody, though).
Once I get reportbug free of brown bag bugs I'll probably try to do
some work on d-i.

Chris
--
Chris Lawrence <chris@lordsutch.com> - http://www.lordsutch.com/chris/