Re: Best way to use base-config_1.33.18?

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 07:34:30PM -0300, Jim Skea wrote:
>   Hi.
>
>   I'm posting this to debian-boot since it seems where most of the
>   discussion on the base-config problem is gong on.  I'm experiencing
>   the same problem with the woody bf2.4 disks doing an install form our
>   local mirror (I rsync from the Brazilian mirror).
>
>   Could someone point me in the right direction as to the best way to
>   incorporate base-config_1.33.18 into the installation set-up here? I
>   tried editing woody's Packages and changing the version number and
>   the md5sum, but the installation complained about inconsistencies.
>
>   What's the *correct* way to do this.

As of yesterday, you could have added an apt source for the unstable
distribution, and used apt-get install base-config.

As of right now, the fixed version is in testing, so you don't even
need to add an unstable source.

apt-get install base-config
/sbin/base-config