Re: About the infinite loop

On May 04, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> * Eduard Bloch
>
> | This pressure is caused by some kind wrong handling of development
> | threes.
> |
> |  - There is currently no unstable where you can really test new stuff
> |    without risking to get it into Testing.
>
> experimental is meant for this, but I think we need to make it easier
> to run selected packages from experimental, or just expose it more
> than we do today.

With current versions of apt, you can simply add:

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian project/experimental/main/binary-i386/

to your sources.list; the Release file is marked so experimental
packages are at priority 1, so only explicitly installed packages from
experimental (using -t experimental or package/experimental) will be
installed.

Now if only experimental was a real distribution, so you could do:

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian experimental main contrib

Chris
--
Chris Lawrence <chris@lordsutch.com> - http://www.lordsutch.com/chris/